Configuring your Queues
Your queue has a number of configurable fields which will be visible on public webpages and on transactional emails.
Queue settings also dictate queue behaviour and availability when joining the queue.
A queue can represent a shop counter, table, employee timeslot, workspace, or anything else the customer may have to wait for
To edit a Queue click on the 'Action' dropdown next to it in the list, and click 'Edit'.
Set up your Queue
- Queue name, description and instructions will appear in the title on pages and instruction documents generated by KU
- Each queue will be associated to the premises for your account
- The notification email will receive alerts for the queue, as well as being the reply-to address for alert emails sent to patrons
- It's important to set the time estimate accurately as it's used when calculating wait estimates for customers
- Setting 'Force Closed' will close the queue regardless of open hours and deny patrons from joining
- Open hours will both be displayed to the patron on webpages and emails, as well as dictating when the queue can be joined.
- Patrons will not be able to join a queue if it is outside of that queue's open hours or on a defined closed date
- Closed dates are specific dates in a year and will need to be set for each year
- Wait time is calculated by the following criteria. You may want to factor this when setting your queue position time estimate:
- Wait less than 1 minute
- Wait less than 5 minutes
- Wait less than 15 minutes
- Wait less than 20 minutes
- Wait more than 20 minutes